Following the success of our online training on identifying, documenting and challenging discriminatory responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are holding three more webinars in English and Spanish. We previously held the training in English and Russian.
The webinars are part of our #NoCOVIDiscrimination Initiative which aims to help equality defenders in their essential work to respond to the discriminatory impacts of state responses to the pandemic.
Webinars will be held in English and Spanish on the following dates:
- In English on Thursday 6 August at 13.00pm – 15:00pm London time. To register, please click here.
- In Spanish on Tuesday 18 August at 15:00pm - 17:00pm La Paz/Asunción time. To register, please click here.
- In English on Tuesday 15 September at 10:00am – 12:00pm London time. To register, please click here.
Each of the webinars will cover:
- International standards on the rights to equality and non-discrimination
- Substantive elements of the right to non-discrimination
- Cases of discriminatory impacts of COVID-19 responses
- Documentation and advocacy techniques
We are committed to meeting the needs of our civil society partners. If you require reasonable accommodation, specifically sign language interpretation, or if you would like the Trust to host further trainings in another language, please let us know.
As part of our #NoCOVIDiscrimination Initiative, we will provide legal, technical, and strategic support to equality defenders, and are seeking funding to help them respond to the discriminatory impacts of state responses to the pandemic.
To submit a request for support or to find out more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org