The Equal Rights Trust is seeking a Chinese speaking Legal Research Consultant with an interest in equality issues. The Consultant will be expected to research and draft a report on the legal framework for equality and the patterns of discrimination and inequality in China. This will require desk based research, legal analysis and fact-checking.
Skills and Experience Required
- A degree in a discipline relevant to equal rights, e.g. law, social sciences, philosophy etc.
- Knowledge of international human rights and/or equality law;
- Fluent written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to produce written material in a clear, coherent and persuasive manner.
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge of equality and non-discrimination law and best practice is a strong advantage.
- Strong publication record.
The consultancy is offered for a three month period and the Consultant will receive a consultancy fee of £6,000. The consultant can be based in any country but may be required to attend the Trust’s offices on a periodic basis.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a covering letter, a curriculum vitae and contact details for two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent by email only, with subject “China Legal Research Consultant”.
The deadline for applications is 29 September 2016.