London, 3 November 2014
The Equal Rights Review (the ERR) is the bi-annual peer-reviewed journal on equality produced by the Equal Rights Trust. Launched in 2008, the journal is a resource for those seeking to combat discrimination or promote equality, be they academics, activists, practising lawyers, civil society organisations or others. The Equal Rights Trust invites original unpublished articles for the next and other future volumes of the ERR.
The ERR is an interdisciplinary journal and contains legal, philosophical, sociological, and other social science discourses on equality. Not limited geographically, it is a medium of exchange on equality issues between different national and regional experts, policy makers and practitioners. The journal’s particular focus is on the complex relationship between the different forms of discrimination, the relationship between equality and other human rights and on developing strategies for translating the principles of equality into practice. Each volume contains: a general articles section; a “Special” containing a number of articles and commentaries on one focus area; and a selection of interviews, testimony and updates relating to matters of equality and non-discrimination. Past volumes of the journal are available here.
Prospective authors are advised that:
- All submitted articles will be considered by our editorial team. Articles which are not deemed thematically suitable for the following volume will be considered for future volumes unless authors request otherwise.
- Shortlisted articles are subjected to a double-blind peer review prior to being accepted for publication, enabling the author to receive comments from leading experts and ensuring the quality of the ERR.
- The ERR is available free of charge online and in leading university libraries as well as being distributed to over 7,000 academics, activists and advocates. Accordingly, authors’ articles reach a wide audience.
Volume Fourteen of the ERR will be published in March 2015. We welcome contributions on all aspects of equality law, policy or practice at a national, regional or global level. However, we particularly welcome articles for inclusion within the “Special,” the focus of which will be: religious discrimination.
Submission Process and Deadline
Articles must be submitted by email attachment in a Microsoft Word file together with a brief abstract (max 200 words) and the contact details and current position of the author, to ERR_submissions@equalrightstrust.org. The deadline for submission of articles for inclusion in Volume Fourteen is Wednesday, 31 December 2014. The author will then be required to be available to respond to the comments of peer reviewers sometime between January and February 2015.
- Articles should be original, unpublished work.
- Articles must be written in United Kingdom English.
- Articles should be between 5,000 and 10,000 words in length.
- Articles must contain footnote or endnote referencing and adhere to the ERT style guide, which is available here.