London, 20 October 2015
The Equal Rights Trust is accepting papers for the sixteenth edition of its Equal Rights Review (ERR), an interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal on equality. Launched in 2008 and released bi-annually, the journal is a resource for those seeking to combat discrimination and promote equality globally.
Volume Sixteen of the ERR has a “Special” focus on Intersectionality in Promoting Equality, and articles relating to this are particularly welcomed. In addition, other contributions on all aspects of equality law, policy or practice at a national, regional or global level will be accepted for consideration. The deadline for article submissions is Thursday, 24 December 2015.
About the Equal Rights Review
The ERR contains legal, philosophical, sociological, and other social science discourses on equality and is a medium of exchange on equality issues between different national and regional experts, policy makers and practitioners. The journal’s particular focus is on the complex relationship between the different forms of discrimination, the relationship between equality and other human rights and on developing strategies for translating the principles of equality into practice. Each volume contains: a general articles section; a “Special” containing a number of articles and commentaries on one focus area; and a selection of interviews, testimony and updates relating to matters of equality and non-discrimination. Past volumes of the journal are available here.
Prospective authors are advised that:
- All submitted articles will be considered by our Editorial team. Articles which are not deemed thematically suitable for the following volume will be considered for future volumes unless authors request otherwise.
- Shortlisted articles are subjected to an anonymous peer review prior to being accepted for publication, enabling the author to receive comments from leading experts and ensuring the quality of the ERR.
- The ERR is available free of charge online and in leading University libraries as well as being distributed to over 7000 academics, activists and advocates. Accordingly, authors’ articles reach a wide audience.
Submission Process and Deadline
Articles must be submitted by email attachment in a Microsoft Word file together with a brief abstract (max 200 words) and the contact details and current position of the author, to ERR_submissions@equalrightstrust.org. The deadline for submission of articles for inclusion in Volume Sixteen is Thursday, 24 December 2015. The author will be required to be available to respond to the comments of peer reviewers sometime between January and February 2016. The volume will be published in March 2016.
- Articles should be original, unpublished work.
- Articles must be written in United Kingdom English.
- Articles should be between 5,000 and 10,000 words in length.
- Articles must contain footnote referencing and adhere to the Equal Rights Trust style guide, which is available here.
For further information regarding submissions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.