Join our Board of Trustees
The Trust is seeking new trustees with relevant skills and expertise to join our international Board of Trustees and help us to achieve our objectives. You will play an important role in helping us to realise our new five-year strategy, which was launch in April 2018. This is an opportunity for those with an interest in combating discrimination to join the organisation at an exciting time in its development.
We would particularly welcome individuals with expertise in the following specific areas, to complement and strengthen the work of our existing Board:
- Financial management experience in a registered charity, preferably a grant-seeking non-governmental organisation
- Charity fundraising experience
- Communications experience, including in particular experience working with the media
In addition to these specific areas, all candidates should have:
- A strong commitment to championing equality and non-discrimination
- A willingness to challenge and question
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A clear understanding of trustees’ governance role and responsibilities
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment and capacity to attend Board and other meetings as required
Senior management or board level experience in not-for-profit organisations, business or government is desirable but not essential.
Letters of interest should please be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a copy of your CV. We are considering applications on a rolling basis, with a view to trustees joining in the coming six months.