The Equal Rights Trust exists to advance equality worldwide. We work with civil society, lawyers, journalists, experts and activists in more than 40 countries around the world to combat discrimination and promote equality. We pursue our objectives through advocacy, litigation, development of resources, and movement building.
The Trust is seeking new trustees with relevant skills and expertise to join our Board of Trustees and help us to achieve our objectives. This is an opportunity for those with an interest in combating discrimination to join the organisation at an exciting time in its development.
We would particularly welcome individuals with expertise in the following specific areas, to complement and strengthen the work of our existing Board:
- Organisational development and management
- Financial management experience in a registered charity, preferably a grant-seeking non-governmental organisation
- Communications experience, including in particular experience working with the media
- Charity fundraising experience
In addition to these specific areas, all candidates should have:
- A strong commitment to championing equality and non-discrimination
- A willingness to challenge and question
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A clear understanding of trustees’ governance role and responsibilities
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment and capacity to attend Board and other meetings as required
- Senior management or board level experience in not-for-profit organisations, business or government is desirable but not essential.
Letters of interest should please be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a copy of your CV. We are considering applications on a rolling basis.