The Equal Rights Trust (the Trust) is a not profit, non-governmental international organisation combating discrimination and advancing equality worldwide. We currently work in over 40 countries, pursuing our objectives through advocacy, litigation, development of resources, and movement building. We are seeking a Finance Officer to join our small team on a twelve-month contract for 30 hours per week. Reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration (HoF), the post holder will be responsible for supporting the Trust’s project financial reporting process (including overseeing reporting from the Trust’s global project partners) and for the Trust’s book-keeping. The post holder must be reliable and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Maintaining the Trust’s databases relating to: (a) partner reporting to the Trust; (b) The Trust’s reporting to donors; (c) payments to partners; and (d) UK related costs, using quick books where relevant.
- Supporting the HoF on fulfilling donor accounting requirements, and develop systems and methods to accommodate them, including supporting partner organisations when needed.
- Supporting the HoF to maintain financial information through updating internal budgets and expenditure reports and regular reconciliation with the Trust’s internal systems.
- Preparing requests to and from donors and taking the lead role in the processing of transfer of project funds to appropriate partners within planned timescales.
- Supporting HoF in developing budgets for fundraising bids.
- Supporting the HoF in the preparation of financial information for Companies House annual budget from programme budgets and providing quarterly forecasts for income and expenditure as required.
- Reviewing and posting financial reports and documents from overseas projects.
- Preparing payment requests, processing invoices and dealing with supplier queries in a timely manner.
- Maintaining accounts payable and receivable on QuickBooks.
- Maintaining cash book on QuickBooks and bank reconciliation.
- Maintaining a fixed asset register including depreciation.
- Maintaining nominal ledger on QuickBooks including monthly control account reconciliations of all month ending balance sheet accounts.
- Administrating petty cash and staff reimbursement claims.
- Dealing with ad hoc requests and providing general support to the Head of Finance.
Essential skills and experience
- AAT or CCAB part qualified
- Demonstrable experience in a finance role in a charity (2 years minimum)
- Demonstrable knowledge, understanding and experience of working with a wide range of financial processes and systems
- Demonstrable book-keeping experience (2 years minimum)
- Ability to work on own initiative, meet objectives and tight deadlines under pressure
- Attention to detail
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in Quick Books
- Fluent user of Excel
Salary offered is in the range of £24,000 and £26,000 per annum (pro-rated). The Trust will also offer a pension contribution of 5% in addition to the annual salary.
The post-holder will be entitled to 25 days (pro-rated in addition to public holidays)
The position is based at the Equal Rights Trust’s office in London.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK as unfortunately visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
In order to apply, please fill in the application form available here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note CVs and cover letters are not accepted in place of the application form and will be disregarded. The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 11 September, applications are being accepted on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 13 September. The successful candidate will be asked to commence as soon as possible in September or October 2017.