We are seeking a full time Finance Manager to join our team on full-time, permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will manage the day to day finances of the organisation and will have exposure to management, Trustees and our auditors. You will lead the Trust's operational contact with its accounting, book keeping and payroll partners. You can expect to have access to some technical guidance from the Trust's accounting and/or auditing partners. The post-holder will also provide support to the Head of Operations in developing budgets for funding proposals for new projects and for modifying the budgets of existing projects where required.
The post-holder will be an integral member of our ambitious London-based team, which works with partners around the world to achieve our mission. You will be joining an organisation whose core values include diversity, transparency, collaboration, partnership and excellence. We are a motivated team of individuals, each with their own sphere of responsibility but working within a supportive and collaborative environment.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a finance professional who aspires to advance their career, building a breadth of experience and skills. It provides exposure to all aspects of financial management from financial control to statutory, management and Board reporting. The role will suit a self-starter who is keen to apply themselves, is innovative, has a curious intellect and seeks to take initiative.
The annual financial cycle of work including:
- preparation of the annual report and accounts;
- preparation of and support to external audits, including on agreement of scope;
- providing input to auditors as required, supporting ERT’s response to audit findings and actioning final recommendations;
- completing financial reports and papers for management, the Board and auditors as required.
Operating and maintaining all aspects of the Trust’s financial data, systems and controls including:
- Accounting ledgers within QuickBooks, supported by ERT’s book keeping partner;
- Cash advances, petty cash, payment processing, bank account payments;
- Managing systems and controls relating to project finances (see below);
- Financial reconciliations.
- Complete implementation of ERT’s Enhanced Financial Management System and operate the system, including ensuring:
- Completion of regular project financial forecasts.
- Pre-population of Invoices and Financial Reports for the Trust’s international partners;
- Review and validation of Invoices and Financial Reports submitted by Partners, compiling queries for submission to them and supporting these communications.
- Processing Partner invoices and raising payments within ERT’s online banking system for review and approval
- Preparing partner transactions and direct costs (including direct project costs, ERT operational costs and staff salary allocations) ready for entry by ERT’s book keeping partner, supporting them as required.
- Preparing regular reports tracking actual vs. forecast project expenditure, agreeing reallocations with internal stakeholders.
- Complete donor reports and budget modifications as required.
Input into deliverables from internal stakeholders:
- Agree priorities and escalate issues to the Head of Operations as appropriate and in a timely fashion.
- Assist and advise ERT’s senior management team and colleagues on financial matters.
Overarching responsibility to ensure:
- You adhere to internal policies, processes and procedures, and that those relating to Finance are efficient, fit for purpose and up to date;
- You complete your responsibilities on a timely basis, ensuring accuracy, completeness and data integrity.
- Compliance of ERT’s financial data, systems and controls with accounting, donor, legal and regulatory requirements, with oversight from the Head of Operations.
The job description is a general outline of the job duties and responsibilities and may be amended as the organisation evolves. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate evidence of the following competencies, experience and skills within their CV and cover letter; these competencies, experience and skills will be further assessed through interview and a practical test conducted alongside interview.Essential experience and technical skills
- Experience in a charity organisation
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of a range of financial systems and controls
- Experience in operating and configuring at least one recognised accounting package
- Experience working with Excel. An interest in developing Visual Basic skills
- Experience of collaboration in a team environment.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely including with a non-financial audience.
- Able to work autonomously, meet objectives and deadlines.
- Accurate, timely and complete in the management and completion of work.
- Able to problem solve.
- Commitment to the values of ERT, including diversity, respect and integrity.
- Experience with Visual Basic.
- Experience in QuickBooks.
- Experience in implementing or enhancing policies and procedures.
- Experience completing annual reports and accounts.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Finance Manager”. In your cover letter, please demonstrate your right to work in the UK. The deadline for applications is midnight on 25th October 2017. Selected candidates will be invited to a panel interview and accompanying skills test.
Salary and BenefitsSalary £30,000-35,000 depending on experience
Probationary period 3 months
Annual Leave 25 days per year + public holidays
Pension The Trust will also offer a pension contribution of 5% in addition to the annual salary.
Other Benefits The Trust provides a flexible working environment with core daily hours and offers staff the opportunity to work from home one day per week where possible.
The Equal Rights Trust is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that if you are short-listed for interview then you will be asked to produce evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK.